You're a fabulous parent!
Parental involvement in children's education raises attainment. Because you are here, we can tell you are a parent who cares about education. You should feel good about the role you are playing in your child's education right now.
FRONTER FOR PARENTS
What is Fronter for you as a parent?
You can read more about what a learning platform is by clicking 'All about Fronter'. But simply put, we want your child to succeed. Our platform has been created with the recognition that engaged parents can positively influence educational outcomes. Following your child's education and learning is easy with Fronter.
At a glance, here are just a few of the ways in which Fronter can help you in your role as an engaged parent:
- Each parent or carer can be assigned their own Fronter username and password. This gives you access to your child's school portfolio and absence/attendance records
- Stay up to date on what's going on at your child's school
- Continuous feedback allows you to work with teachers to address any issues or areas for improvement or extra study immediately
- Say goodbye to the days of school letters and parental consent forms going missing. With Fronter everything is communicated online; accessible anytime, anywhere.
Benefits for my kids
Fronter is a powerful learning platform equipped with all the functionality to enhance the traditional teaching practices. Embedding the use of computers in learning not only brings the benefits of computer technology to learning, but it is also vital to develop what are essential life skills in today's world.
- Children feel empowered and responsible using Fronter
- Motivation improves as children learn with technologies they enjoy using
- Children can learn at their own pace, fully understanding a topic before progressing
- Pupils can ask questions online that they wouldn't in the classroom
How can I help my kids get full use of Fronter?
If you are using Fronter already, then great! Whilst we can provide the modern means for learning to flourish, some good old principles apply in helping children learn.
- Create a good study area at home for your child
- Encourage your child and improve their self esteem when it comes to learning
- Supervise homework. With Fronter you can see hand ins and read teacher evaluations with Parental log in
- Talk to your child about what they have learnt in school
- Meet with the Teachers and use Fronter to regularly discuss progress
Research has shown that at primary age, parents can significantly impact the achievement rates of children. By teenage years the parents can positively impact on their child's decision to stay on in school, pursue University and focus on fulfilling career ambitions. With Fronter, you can participate in your child's education from day one, wherever you are, whenever you want.
Questions you might get from the kids
Parents always have the answers. Don't they? Here are a few questions and answers we have anticipated for you:
Q ' I've forgotten my
password and need a new one!'
A If your school hasn't activated the forgotten password feature in Fronter, you will have to ask your Fronter administrator in school. They can reset it for you.
Q My laptop is broken,
will I lose my work?
A Luckily, no. All the files that you have created and uploaded to Fronter are safe on our servers. Just log in from any computer with internet access and retrieve your work. This is probably a good reminder to remember to save your work in Fronter as a back up.